Tuesday, August 20, 2013

T is for Tuesdays

So the big secret last week was a surprise 21st birthday party 
we held at our house for my youngest daughter Emma.
It went off really well and she was utterly surprised and nearly in tears, each hour the surprise got added to as each member of the family arrived from far and wide including 
New Zealand, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
It took me 2 weeks to prepare the house, get all the beds made,
the clean up was easier as I had help, hubby cleaned the
outside and I cleaned the inside, but the washing of bedding
and towels will take a few days. The food was prepared
on the day, I believe the cake took 2 weeks to make.
I survived on 3 hours sleep each night
You can see progressive photos of the surprise party 
Food cooking preparation 1st post and 2nd post 
and 3rd post and 4th post 
I love this teapot, sadly the cup that goes underneath it broke so I only have the teapot which I love using to brew my leaf tea.
There's my teapot playing host to my family, it served many a Jasmin tea all weekend.

Linking up with Bluebeard and Elizabeth, travelling vicariously around the world for more T for Tuesdays

14 comments :

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also have one of those teapots. The cup is intact, but the pot's lid is broken and it's hard to keep the tea warm. I think I prefer yours to mine (grin).

What a great way to celebrate a birthday. I'm sure your daughter was simply thrilled. It's not many 21 year olds who get that kind of generous surprise. How long did it take you to put it all together? Good for YOU!

Thanks for joining T today.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also have one of those teapots. The cup is intact, but the pot's lid is broken and it's hard to keep the tea warm. I think I prefer yours to mine (grin).

What a great way to celebrate a birthday. I'm sure your daughter was simply thrilled. It's not many 21 year olds who get that kind of generous surprise. How long did it take you to put it all together? Good for YOU!

Thanks for joining T today.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful pot :-)- pity about the cup :-(
Blessings
Maxine

dawn said...

WOW, what a great surprise you made it for a special birthday. My mom surprised me for my 16th birthday and even two baby showers. I am so easy to surprise, not sure if that's good or not.

Sounds like a lovely party and you must need a loooong nap.
That is one very pretty teapot!
Happy Tuesday!

voodoo vixen said...

Sounds like a huge amount of work but how lovely to have family coming in from far and wide to share it with you all!
That is such a pretty teapot, what a shame the cup got broken, maybe you could find another online?

Nan G said...

I will echo the others...lovely teapot. What a cool birthday surprise for your daughter! Have a wonderful T day. Nan

Krisha said...

Happy T Day, looks like it was a super fun party!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Wow, what a wonderful surprise party you gave your daughter. After looking at all the related posts...I think you deserve a medal and a good long rest, LOL! Happy T Tuesday!

roffeycreations said...

Hi Bridget - what a fantastic memory for your daughter to see her onto her 21st year... I love family get togethers - sadly few & far between... Happy T for Tuesday... Mxx

~*~Patty S said...

Sounds like you created some wonderful and very special birthday memories which makes me smile...just like your photo does !
Your teapot is still very nice, but I bet you do miss the cup...
Wishing you a happy day and some good night's sleep
oxo

Divers and Sundry said...

i love the pattern on your teapot. it's a shame about the cup, but it looks like it's still nice as it is.

happy birthday to your daughter! :)

Halle said...

What a labor of love for your girls b-day! Fun to get so many people together but a lot of work!!
Happy Tuesday!

Spyder said...

I love teapot cups, I do have one, although I bought a really posh one for my daughter (Lives in the States) who wanted one as she said, she couldn't find one over there. YOu never know, have a search on the Net and you might find a cup!

Happy late T day
(Lyn)

Dianne said...

lovely tea pot...sad to hear the cup was broken, but your memories of the party and being with family will be the most important thing! best wishes to all!